Easter is fast approaching and I feel like it is the perfect time to get with friends and family. I have created some yummy chocolate mini loaves with mini eggs for you to bake and enjoy together! They are super easy to make and require no effort whatsoever.. well apart from adding the ingredients together and mixing!
Here is how to make them…
175g Golden Caster Sugar
140g Self Raising Flour
85g Ground Almonds
4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
100g Chocolate Chunks
Mini Loaf Cases (mine are from Waitrose)
For the Icing:
140g Softened Butter
280g Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Piping Nozzles (optional)
Mini Eggs for decoration
1. Set the oven to 160° fan/ Gas mark 4.
Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric whisk.
2. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder, and add in the eggs, milk, ground almonds, and baking powder. Mix all together until all the ingredients have combined.
3. With a wooden spoon or spatula fold in the chocolate chunks. When completed start spooning the mixture into your loaf cases. About 3 to 4 teaspoons make the perfect amount.
4. Pop into the oven for about 20/30 minutes or until completely cooked through.
Once cooked leave aside to cool and move onto the buttercream.
5. For the buttercream, whisk your butter until pale and fluffy. Then sieve in half of the icing sugar with half of the milk.
6. Add in the remaining icing sugar and milk with the vanilla extract. Beat together until your mixture resembles buttercream.
7. Pop a piping bag into a tall glass and spoon in the buttercream. If you want to use a nozzle add this before the buttercream. I decided not to use a nozzle in the end as it would give the same effect with or without. Snip off the bottom of the piping bag and push the buttercream down to get an even distribution.
8. Ice three little nests onto the loaf. Make sure your cake is completely cool before doing this. Add a mini egg on top of your nest to complete.
And that’s it! Perfect to share and bake over the Easter weekend with friends and family. They taste delicious and look so pretty!
I hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend.